HYPNO-FETISH ~ WELCOME AND HELP GUIDE

• 10 posts
    July 28, 2024 5:37 AM MDT

(Originally Posted by Fourchette April 23, 2020 Filed in Other #help  #GUIDE  #NEW MEMBERS  #ASSISTANCE  1.8K views)

Hello!  This blog started with an email I sent to a new member.  But just then I realized this stuff could be helpful to anyone who is new here to help them get started.  I never saw any help guide when I first started so I had to learn everything on my own.  So I know firsthand that is not always easy.  It can be confusing and intimidating.  So anyways, I may not be the first one who has tried to write a guide like this but I hope this stuff is helpful to some of the newest members (and longstanding alike) and they will share this with others so that everyone can figure out how to navigate this site and participate a little more if they are interested.  This guide by the way is probably not exhaustive.  If anyone has anything to add - PLEASE CONTRIBUTE YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION! 

So, if you're new here. I can tell you some things TO HELP GET YOU STARTED here and about this site.  Eventually almost anyone who's active here eventually builds up a profile.  It's good to start with a playlist of audio hypnosis files and pictures/photos you like. You can easily setup a play list of "hypno" files you like by listening to the playlists of other members. There, you'll see a little plus (+) symbol to the right of each file title in everyone's playlist. If you listen to a title you like from any member (it doesn't matter who) you can click on that plus sign and add that title to make your own playlist of all your own favorites.  I never learned this until months of being a member.  Nobody ever told me, but now I'm telling you. 

A little bit of advice on this subject is though that once you start one playlist of your own, you can easily go in and customize it with any title you choose and start adding multiple play lists each with their own cover name and even a cover picture or animated .Gif picture.  The only recommendation I have is to try and keep the # of tracks per playlists under 20 - 30 tracks each.  I have seen some members who have playlists with 50+ tracks per audio album and this may be a little overwhelming for members that want to try and navigate through your playlist, especially when searching for certain file names or subjects.  I can say I've experienced this very problem for myself.  

Anyways by slowly adding audio files you listen to and like, you can create your own playlist of hypnosis files in your own profile folder.  By the way, you don't need to think of it as "stealing" someone else's music or playlist.  Most of the files on this site as far as I know are free files that are in the public domain. You can also download many free files off WMM (warpmymind.com*) if you sign up for a free account over there, although I'm not sure if it's legit to upload free files from there over here.  That's a good question for EMG, the owner and manger of both this site (H-F is what I call it, and WMM*).  I'm guessing there's probably no problem with any of that though.

By the way, sometimes new members see my profile and right away send me a friend request.  This is of course flattering but I generally do not approve friend requests to new members right away until they establish themselves and build up their profile.  The reason is that I take a friend request seriously and I usually want to see an illustration of a members interests first including picture albums of the kind of things they like, and hypno files they like to listen to.  I rarely friend someone unless I really like their profile after first viewing it and/or after I message with someone several times to kind of get to know them first. It's nothing personal, that's just the way I fly and relate to people here.  Birds of a feather, Flock together...

Something else that's good to know, is that you can quickly add photos to your own profile by doing several different things. One way is to right click & save pictures you like from this site and other sites to your computer to re-upload later into your own new picture/photos album. If you do this you can title your own albums with whatever names you want instead of just getting automatically named albums like "profile pictures" or "wall photos".  Of course you can always go back and change the names of these automatically named albums the site builds for you when you just randomly post to the homepage or to the top of your own profile page.  If you just post a picture set to the home page it may randomly put the photos or gif's into an album that's not exactly where you want them.  I think that's actually a basic feature that needs to be added actually.

An advantage to manually building your own albums is that you can usually upload several pictures at a time and choose the networks they get posted to and who gets to see them. If you just post to the home page your photos may get added to a random album of yours, though that is also an option. I've found the best place to post my picture/photo collections are in the album of my OWN choosing. You can of course upload any pictures or .gif's you like, including personal photos.  What I'm saying is that if you do it manually from within your own profile album page, you can also choose the top (cover) photo that represents your album instead of just getting the random photo the system chooses for it.  You can upload any pictures you have or find that you feel represent your interest on the titles of your albums.  Album cover photo options are also available for audio playlists if you want to go in and manually manage your profile's audio playlists aka "My Audios" under the audio tab in the top header of every page.  The top header is your main navigation bar to the site.  There you can directly access your Personal Picture Albums, Blogs, Groups, Audio and Video Playlists and Events, as well as lists of everyone else's!

Another way to add photos to your profile is that you can add pictures you find here on this site by adding them as "profile photos". You will see a little subtitle at the bottom of pictures in various members photo albums. Clicking that will give you an avatar that will add that picture to the little "profile circle" that everyone else can see on your profile page, the home page, and whenever you make new posts and comments. There are also a bunch of settings that you will have to learn and explore for yourself in your profile settings including privacy settings.  Like for example there's a way to turn off email notifications for posts and likes which I did almost from the get go.  It seems some people never figure this out and have to get annoyed before they do anything about it.  You shouldn't have to get to the point of blocking members who like too much of their stuff just because you can't handle managing your settings.  Most are self explanatory but if you have any questions feel free to ask.  Another way to post some pictures is to add a URL links in a post to pages on other websites that have pictures, videos or .gifs that melt your butter.  Though the uploader is sometimes picky and this doesn't always work.

Now here's an important thing to know.  In your account settings there is an option to choose "networks".  These are basically areas of interest that you may have that range from BDSM, to bimbotization, cuckolding, feminization, hypnosis techniques, jock, etc...  IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT SIGNING UP TO AT LEAST ONE OR MORE NETWORK IS REQUIRED TO BE ABLE TO VIEW BLOGS.  Signing up to networks opens up the site to you.  Basically it appears that a certain amount of content is blocked out until a member subscribes to the networks of their choice.  I other words, content from networks you are not subscribed to you will basically be invisible, inaccessible or blocked from you viewing it, if I understand it correctly.  Anyways, it's not as complicated as it sounds. The thing is though your network choices I think can also affect what other members can see or not see about you on your profile including whether or not they will even be ABLE to view your profile, albums or playlists. This also apparently is affected by what networks other members choose to subscribe to as well, in affect inadvertently hiding their content from even their friends being able to access their blogs, groups etc. unless material is posted to multiple networks and or the recipient is on those networks as well.  I believe if material is posted to no network then at times it may be invisible to everyone.  I've just discovered that if two members do not share at least one of the same networks then they may not be able to view one another's profile pages, albums, or all content.  I know, it's complicated.  I didn't design this.  It's just something to be aware of.

There are I guess multiple different other topics that could be mentioned and or discussed here.  I may actually periodically update this list.  But one other thing is that there is an option to block content or other members on here if they post material that you dislike or if they are bothering you.  That's you're right if you choose to do so.  A list of any/all members who you may have blocked is stored in your privacy settings where you can go back and unblock anyone at any point if you so choose.  I guess there a ton of aspects of the site that could be explained in detail but I think most stuff is self explanatory.  It's all kind of plug and play and you have to figure out the basic stuff as you go along.  All I know is it's good to build a profile to express yourself and your likes and interests to show everyone else what you're into.  There are a lot of customization and personalization options on here including adding (CSS which I know nothing about!) to personalize your profile page.  Some other members I've seen have added some really cool stuff with that!  One other thing is that it's possible to have more than one profile on here if you want to.  My second profile name is Cathy Jane.

So but anyways if you want to get to know me, check out my profile page some, view my albums and listen to my audio playlist.  I've also posted a bunch of hypno videos and music.  You can even start your profile with some of my playlist songs or photos if you like - I won't be bothered by at all by that. Just please don't re-post ALL my stuff! There's only one Fourchette on here and I'd sure like to stay original!  BESIDES there are literally 100's of other members profiles and playlists on here for you to explore.  It can get a little overwhelming at times actually if you get obsessed...  Anyways, these are just a few of several things I assume people do here. So anyways, Welcome!  Enjoy yourselves... And feel free to participate, and contribute in any way(s) you desire or discover... :-)

• 10 posts
    July 28, 2024 5:55 AM MDT
    Comments copied from my original blog:
    •  
    •  
      crystalrainz This is awesome. Thank you so much! Apr 28 2024
    •  
      magentalengthy you rock,I m in love Jul 20 2024
    •  
      ConfusedMan Thank you. Jul 21 2024
      •  
        ChasteSteve Thanks for the insight. BTW, is there Support or Help on the site. I'm trying to upload music and keep getting an error message, irrespective of wat file type I upload (File 'Chaste Panty Mantra v1.wav' has a false extension) September 20, 2022
        •  
      •  
        Fourchette I've never had any issues uploading audio. It might be an issue with something in your account settings. I have had issues uploading certain pictures or photos however, namely those from bdsmlr.com. I have no idea why. And lately this site seems to be blocking embedding links to many if not most videos including youtube when I was able to upload/embed youtube videos from before. I know there was a site update over a year ago that changed things and messed some stuff up. Actually I liked the old site better. I recommend messaging EMG, the site owner, and asking him about this.  less September 20, 2022
        •  
      •  
         Fourchette:  I just found a question posted by JessicaSissy:

"Does anyone know how to download files from here? I’m interested in having a few files on my phone while I’m out of town."

Answer: Right click on a file in any playlist and then select "open link in new tab". Then open that tab. It should be a black page with just a player. Click play on the arrow. Then after it starts playing right click on the "play" arrow and look down in the right click menu options for an option that says "Save Audio As..." So just click that and it should open a save option in your system to save the file to your computer. I use firefox but I'm sure these options must be similar in opera, chrome, vivaldi etc. There are also certain extensions you can get such as Video Download Helper for firefox which also can download audio. There are actually several different methods. but he first one I mentioned is I think the easiest.  less
        November 25, 2022
        •  
      •  
        madison4dick Thanks, this is super helpful! January 9, 2023
        •  
      •  
        zippy201 Very helpful. Thanks so much! March 27, 2023
      •  
        Fourchette Please read my comments on this blog. I think it applies to helping anyone trying to navigate this site: https://hypno-fetish.com/group/topic/view/427/914/so-are-you-looking-for-somebody-else-to-mindfuck-you May 13, 2023
        •  
      •  
        DolceSissy As a new member this is very helpful and I will be referring back to it often. December 27, 2023
        •  
      •  
        AnnaQuay Thank you for reaching out! This is a great help! I'm brand new here and so excited to be a part of this fabulous community x Jan 20
        •  
      •  
        MoniqueTG Really, really helpful darling, ty for taking the time to write it all down. Bless you hun. Jan 26
        •  
      • Jenid4u Thanks so much for posting this Fourchette. This is very very helpful. You are a sweetie for thinking of others and helping us climb the learning curve ❤️ Jan 26
        • Fourchette @Hedon - Yeah I just checked and I can see the "add to my playlist" box that appears when you hover over the plus sign. At least at the moment, I'm not having that problem. I can click to add to my playlist without any problems. It might be some sort of java script issue with your browser. Maybe try restarting your browser or enabling java script.   October 30, 2020
        •  
          cassindra @Fourchette i have tried it on multiple devices with the same issue. That, though, has been with the same browser. i’ve never had issues with this browser in the past, but i’ll give it a try with a different one when i have a chance. October 30, 2020
        •  
          cassindra @Fourchette. my issue does seem to be browser related. So, i guess i can manage it, though i use the one browser for everything. i'll just have to jump over to firefox when i want to come here.. October 31, 2020
          •  
        •  
          Fourchette There's a problem with the blog link EMG posted to this blog posting (my blog) at the top of the H-F page. I don't know why but when I'm logged in and I click on it, I am automatically logged out. I wonder if this is happening to anyone else. I can log back in on that log out page and I will be automatically taken to my blog page. But if I click on my blog from my own profile page I am not logged out. I just wonder if this has happened to anyone else besides me. What's most strange is that it's my actual blog. So whatever is happening with it shouldn't be happening. I think they are both the same link?  less December 19, 2020
          •  
            Lavenderlily Hey thanks Fourchette, that was really helpful!!! August 9, 2021
            •  
              CathyJane Good to know! Very helpful! Thanx Fourchette! January 12, 2022
              •  
                homaidpleasure Thanks for the help and great instructions; April 18, 2022
                •  
        •  
          nimue Thanks Fourchette May 18, 2022
          •  
        •  
          Park Wow, Fourchette that was very thoughtful of you. Not only for useful information but making a welcoming feeling here. June 5, 2022
          •  
        •  
          Laurenking Thanks xxxx September 1, 2022
          •  
            HypnoMaster69 What a wonderful post for new users;

What a wonderful service for both new and old users (who
            were here before networks and might not have gotten around to setting them)

Just to repeat and confirm / extend a few points; I, too, do
            not view this as a place to accumulate likes or friends; I, too, find it
            flattering to be asked to be someone’s friend; I, too, like to have some
            contact before approving a friend; does not require much, but something; a bit
            of back and forth; I tell lots of people that this is a warm and welcoming
            place and I have always found it thus; over the years, I have been amazed at
            the number who have asked to join my friends list and when I reply that I want
            a bit of interaction first, I never hear from them; those are the only friend
            requests that I have ever ignored;

As someone who is guilty of having multiply playlists with
            50+ files, I can confirm that is an issue; what many may not know is that it is
            possible to re-order files in a playlist; a person just needs to edit the
            playlist and then drag files up or down; in recognition of that problem, I often
            try to bubble “new” items to the front of a playlist or leave them at the end
            and then post that too;  less
            April 23, 2020
          •  
            HypnoMaster69 and then post that too;

One thing which I did not notice is the importance / utility
            of likes and comments on the work of others and even on your own materials;
            Milton Ericson and others have talked about activating things in people’s
            minds; we can achieve a form of “spreading activation” here when many people
            like and/or comment on an image; the system will alert others about a new
            comment and let all those who have reacted before to know that there might be
            something new;

I am splitting this comment into two comments because I
            sometimes find that my comments, like my stories, are too long; also, blogs are
            an additional way to formulate and share things; many of my blogs bubble up from my
            unconscious mind and demand that I write them down before I forget them;  less
            April 23, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette @HypnoMaster69 - How do you re-order files in a playlist? Your message cutoff at the bottom. I wish I could maybe move or transfer audio files from one of my playlist to another. That's because I'm thinking I would like my playlists to be themed instead of just a random collection of files jumbled together.   April 24, 2020
            •  
          •  
            Fourchette Could somebody please explain what Discord is and why someone might want to consider using it? I Just don't know anything about it. I guess i can look it up for myself. I actually don't know why is it linked from this site at the top of the page. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.   April 24, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette Anybody else have any suggestions? April 24, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette @jenna84 -- That's good to know; about networks. How did you come to realize that by the way? One shouldn't have to join a network to view this blog! April 27, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette Okay Jenna - that's good to know. April 28, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette You can easily message the site owner. I hope he doesn't mind that I mention - his profile name is EMG June 1, 2020
          •  
            cassindra I have a question about one of the topics you raised here. I have an issue when trying to add music from a playlist to one of my play lists. A little icon appears when i hover over the + sign that says "Add to my Play List". This icon blocks the plus sign and no matter what I do, i can't click the plus sign. Sometimes if i try enough times, it works but today it isn't working at all.
            Any suggestions?  
            October 30, 2020
          •  
            Fourchette @Hedon - Yeah I noticed that happened to me once before. I think I found that what helps is if you open the playlist with the file you like in its own separate tab or window by clicking on the name of the playlist and opening it on a separate page. I don't know if that will work for you but try it and see if that helps. Happy trancing!   October 30, 2020
    • 10 posts
    August 24, 2024 5:25 PM MDT

If you scrolled down this far, please leave a comment on what you think of this and even visit my original blog and "like" it since this forum page doesn't seem to allow for likes: 

https://hypno-fetish.com/blogs/37838/8512/help-guide-for-new-members

If it says "private" and you're new it's because you need to join one or more "networks" in your account settings first to be able to view blogs.

This post was edited by Fourchette at August 24, 2024 5:28 PM MDT
    • 1 posts
    September 20, 2024 4:51 PM MDT

That's a pretty cool introduction. I loved it. Thanks 👍

• 1 posts
    October 4, 2024 10:57 AM MDT

Very helpful.  Thank you  😊